Why build your “team”?
You can now build your team of LabCollector users in the Client Area. If you want to know more about the Client Area account please read more here.
All the members of LabCollector in your lab will have access to your LabCollector Client Area. The first benefit of that is to increase awareness of LabCollector, having all users onboard increases the commitment to an organized lab.
Users will be able to manage the license if needed, download add-ons etc. In this way there’s no need for one supervisor to do all the work or to give their confidential account credentials to anyone else.
Also, if any of your team members contacts us for support we will know that they are connected to your account and so we can help them more efficiently.
Many more services and features will be regularly added to the Client Area account to better serve all your lab members.
>>Create your team NOW!>>
We’re delighted to announce the release of LabCollector version 5.4!
We have added and made changes to several key features:
- You can now create a user and assign them to multiple groups and to a primary group to fit the need of your laboratory/industry life.
- When the user is associated to a primary group this is the group that their records will be shared with by default and they can then choose the other group(s) that will have access to their records.
2. Block users temporarily
3. Option for stronger passwords
- With the option “SHA + strong rules”, the user will have to change the default password given by the super-administrator and follow strict rules to create a new one. Please read it on our KB.
4. An extended optional pack for CFR 21 compliancy
(session auto lock, data encryption, electronic signatures, record edition block, reason to edit). Please read it on our KB.
- Read-only or blocked record. Data are frozen: no modification is possible except for storage. Result is stored in versioning.
- Electronic signature on blocked records to guarantee the integrity of the data. Result is stored in versioning.
- For each modification, the user must give a reason to edit.
- This reason will be visible in the versioning.
- Data in a custom field type text can be encrypted in the database.
- Encrypted data in the database which is only visible in the UI.
5. Fully detailed audit trails with data integrity check (by checksum).
6. Added optional ownership on R&S module.
7. Links to LSM, ELN, Workflow displayed in record.
8. Maintenance in batch using memorized items tool. Please read it on our KB.
9. Quick lot derivations.
10. API improvements. Please read it on our KB.
11. Many more improvements and bug fixes: check the full change log for more details.
List of Knowledge Base Articles related to v5.4:
Check our Android app: TubeScan
In addition to this LabCollector version, we’ve released a new companion Android App: TubeScan App.
The LabCollector ELN is more than a text editor. It’s a tool designed to revolutionize the way you report your findings.
For those of you who have used the LabCollector ELN you may already know most of its features but perhaps you haven’t tried using the ELN Template feature.
Templates can really help to speed up your reporting and ensure consistency in your procedure-based experimentation.
Check out this Knowledge Base article for a step-by-step guide to making your first template.
Stay tuned for more tips!
Also, remember to check your RSS news feed on your LabCollector Home Page – we’ll be posting other tips to help you get the most out of your LIMS.
If you would like to see an article on a particular subject, don’t hesitate to ask for it via our social network pages or firstname.lastname@example.org!