Automate your Lab with LabCollector!
In the fast-growing world, where every industry’s endeavor is to balance the supply and demand of things, automation has proven to be a boon to achieve these goals. Although lab automation is being widely practiced nowadays, the initiation of laboratories using automated machines was pioneered long back in the 1980s. Since then automation has become one of the necessities of today’s research practices. Even though various academic labs still occasionally rely on automation, test labs, pharmaceutical, and biotech industries have rapidly evolved themselves to automate their research labs. Right from receiving the samples to its storage and final usage in assays is now being documented with the help of machines and software that help labs automate these processes thus making them efficient.
If you are a researcher you can visualize easily making an inventory of samples, reagents, assays, etc manually, repeating the same process which ate up a lot of productive time. You could have done an experiment during that period or other necessary things. A Ph.D. student or a post-doctorate or any researcher can relate to such situations, where they have wasted hours in tracking a reagent, sample, or making inventories manually. Owing Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and automation tools offered by them have changed the laboratory management tremendously over the decades.
LabCollector LIMS allows you to bring all the laboratory information in one place.
It’s not just the automated tools but LIMS that help connect the machines to one main anchor such as LabCollector thereby linking every process in the lab & achieve complete lab automation. Imagine if the machines just sort your sample or reagents or perform assays for you! You will have to use these samples or reagents or results from the machines to complete your experiments or analyze your results. Every researcher can relate to doing experiments, for example using a PCR machine and then analyzing its data in excel sheets to make graphs. Here, you would have to take the results in USB key from the computer near the machine or transfer to a common folder to copy the machine results and then analyze them on your computer. This way only a part of the lab is automated and the rest still depends on manual prowess which is prone to human errors. Thus every lab needs LIMS software which helps in achieving Laboratory automation. LabCollector serves this purpose where researchers can attain the lab automation by various tools and add-ons that it offers.
Check our webpage on Laboratory automation by LabCollector!
LabCollector helps with lab automation by offering:-
- Complete sample management starting from the sample receiving to tracking the sample for example, in which tests it was used. Our powerful add-ons and tools such as samples and Strains & cells module, rack scanners, tube sorter, sample to batch tool help your laboratory attain successful sorting and managing your samples.
- Barcode feature allows you to generate customized barcodes thus making samples tracking a piece of a cake. You can visit our website storage accessories to buy compatible sprinters and barcode scanners.
Lab inventory management
- Modules like reagents & supplies, primers, sequences, antibodies, plasmids, chemical structures help you create a hassle-free inventory system. You can integrate all the details relevant to the reagents or supplies needed in the lab.
- Our purchase order management tool helps you track the order and purchase of reagents or supplies that in minimum quantity or are expired. LabCollector creates alerts for such components thereby making it easier to track lab supplies.
- The recipe manager tool helps you keep track of reagents used in making recipes. For example, if you are making Tris-HCl buffer, you can track amounts that are used up in making such recipes so that you are aware of the reagents used up.
- The storage tool helps you mark down the location of all your samples, products, everything that you use in your lab. You can create storage places like a cupboard, or racks or liquid nitrogen containers, freezers, refrigerators, etc to mark the location of your reagents or samples making tracking of the lab supplies much easier.
Experiments / Assays / tests management
- The equipment module helps you to register all your laboratory equipment with its location, maintenance, etc. All the documents related to any instrument, for example, like, calibration or maintenance reports can be uploaded in documents module or can be uploaded in the equipment modules itself.
- Lab Service Management (LSM) add-on is very useful for tests lab offers as it documents and processes tests and generation of reports. Starting from the sample to creating tests and parameters that lab technicians can follow, to the completion and validation of tests is all performed inside LSM. Moreover, it also helps labs to create invoices and keep track of all the tests cost and sending invoices to the clinics/hospitals for the tests performed.
- For a more stringent environment of the lab, our workflow add-on offers precise follow-up of standardized steps in a lab that requires supervisor validations. This can be very useful in drug development labs where every step of experiments require supervisors validations.
- All the assays or experiments or tests performed can be written down in our electronic lab notebook add-on (ELN) which is the replacement of paper lab notebook. ELN allows you to draw graphs, plates temples or link the locations used in the experiment to their rightful location
Instrument integration & data acquisition
- LabCollector offers various add-ons such as I-Colletor, Parser, Win2Parser that help in instrument integration and thus help in automated data acquisition thereby removing manual error while data collection. I-Collector can help the integration of instruments like qPCR and others that help acquire data by parsing directly on your computer.
- Moreover, LabCollector’s custom API feature lab, automation, and integration of data from instruments become more smooth thereby decreasing manual errors in data collection.
- Photobank uploader add-on helps in automated image acquisition which can be useful for saving heavy microscopy images.