Lab Service Manager (LSM) is an add-on of LabCollector designed to help labs manage their services and samples. It enables labs to streamline their operations, to track and manage their samples, equipment and services in one central location. With LSM, lab managers and staff can easily monitor, organize and report on lab operations, which helps to optimize lab performance, reduce operational costs and increase productivity.
Labs of all types and sizes can benefit from using LSM, including R&D centers, medical and analytical centers. The add-on is highly customizable and adaptable, making it the perfect solution for labs of any size, type or budget.
Upgrades in 2022
Many of these changes are focused on increasing the flexibility and customization of LSM, as well as on streamlining various lab processes, such as sample management and Quality Control validation. Also, it focuses on increasing the ability to track and monitor lab operations, thus making it more efficient and effective for lab managers and staff.
Here are some of the biggest changes in Lab Service Manager over the past year:
- The option to select template orientation: portrait or landscape
- A switch to turn the default template/footer on or off
- A search filter for the phrase
- The option to allow or deny samples duplicates
- A 2nd validation mode for QC labs
- A message to warn QC review has to be done with a different user
- A new LSM tab in the Documents module
- A new tab in requester record to be able to link documents from the document module
- Conditional fields in LSM job form
- Addition of Checksum to LSM Log
- Forbid selecting equipment that is unavailable (blue dot)
- A new option for the Introduction template
- Improvements in job charts legend
- Phone validation added to phone fields
- A new type of result “LINK” in test form
- A new additional information on TEST level
- A button to print labels to kit status ‘Draft’ besides ‘Active’
- A legend to job charts
- More options to the default date range in job list options
- Setup deadlines: choose workdays and workhours to calculate estimated end date and time left
- 2 fields added to job table ‘sourcereport’ & ‘sourcereportdts’ to track results exported to external sources
- New semi-automatic sample naming as job prefix+counter
- When a WF is linked to a sample in LSM, blocked the completion if workflow is not finished
- A PDF report + processing combo
- A restock quantity to reagent lot when lot changes
- Possibility to define a default sample type by models
- Models include a list of tests.
To find out more changes please consult our changelog page 🙂
The following 3 updates have a direct impact on the lab workflow and can be very beneficial to the users. Increasing the accuracy of their work, data sharing and data management, making the lab operation more efficient and effective.
➔ The 2nd validation mode for Quality Control labs
This feature is particularly useful for labs that have strict validation requirements for their Quality Control processes. Now, LSM makes it easier for labs to ensure that their QC processes are accurate and reliable.
➔ A new type of result “LINK” in test form
This feature allows lab staff to include links to external sources of data in their test results. This helps to provide additional context and information. It can also streamline the process of obtaining supplementary data and sharing it with others.
➔ A new additional information on TEST level
This feature provides an additional layer of data management for LSM users. It allows lab staff to track information at the test level, rather than just at the job level. This provides a more detailed view of lab operations and helps with keeping track of sample status and results.
LSM can help labs to run more efficiently and effectively by:
- Streamlined sample management: LSM allows labs to easily track and manage their samples, equipment, and services in one central location. This can help to reduce errors and improve overall lab organization.
- Increased lab efficiency: With LSM, lab managers and staff can easily monitor and report on lab operations, which helps to optimize lab performance, reduce operational costs and increase productivity.
- Improved data management: LSM provides an easy way to manage and analyze data, allowing lab staff to quickly access the information they need and make more informed decisions.
- Enhanced security and compliance: LSM helps to ensure that labs are in compliance with industry regulations and standards, protecting the integrity of their data and improving overall security.
- Better communication and collaboration: LSM helps to improve communication and collaboration among lab staff by providing a centralized platform for data sharing and collaboration.
- Tailored to the needs: LSM is highly customizable and adaptable, making it the perfect solution for labs of any size, type, or budget.
By using LSM, labs can have better control over their operations, increase efficiency and at the same time have improved data management, security, and compliance. They can also have more time to focus on their core research and experimentation mission as LSM helps manage the operational tasks.
Lab Service Manager continue to expand
In conclusion, Lab Service Manager (LSM) is a powerful LabCollector add-on that can help labs of all types and sizes to manage their services and samples more efficiently and effectively. The new updates and features added over the past year, such as the 2nd validation mode for QC labs, the new type of result “LINK” in test form and additional information at the test level, among others, demonstrate the ongoing development and commitment to improving LSM. By streamlining sample management, increasing lab efficiency, improving data management, enhancing security and compliance and providing an easy way to communicate and collaborate among lab staff, LSM can help labs to optimize their performance, reduce operational costs and increase productivity.
As a result, LSM is a great investment for any lab looking to improve its operations and better manage its services and samples. With LSM, labs can focus on what they do best: research and experimentation while having peace of mind that the operational tasks are well managed.
Start your journey with LSM today, contact us at email@example.com for a free trial!