We’re delighted to announce the release of LabCollector version 5.4!
We have added and made changes to several key features:
1. Multiple group membership. Please read it on the Knowledge Base.
- You can now create a user and assign them to multiple groups and to a primary group to fit the need of your laboratory/industry life.
- When the user is associated to a primary group this is the group that their records will be shared with by default and they can then choose the other group(s) that will have access to their records.
2. Block users temporarily
- Block the account of a user quickly and easily. Please read it on our KB.
3. Option for stronger passwords
- With the option “SHA + strong rules”, the user will have to change the default password given by the super-administrator and follow strict rules to create a new one. Please read it on our KB.
4. An extended optional pack for CFR 21 compliancy
(session auto lock, data encryption, electronic signatures, record edition block, reason to edit). Please read it on our KB.
- Read-only or blocked record. Data are frozen: no modification is possible except for storage. Result is stored in versioning.
- Electronic signature on blocked records to guarantee the integrity of the data. Result is stored in versioning.
- New icon for signatures.
- For each modification, the user must give a reason to edit.
- This reason will be visible in the versioning.
- Data in a custom field type text can be encrypted in the database.
- Encrypted data in the database which is only visible in the UI.
5. Fully detailed audit trails with data integrity check (by checksum).
6. Added optional ownership on R&S module.
7. Links to LSM, ELN, Workflow displayed in record.
8. Maintenance in batch using memorized items tool. Please read it on our KB.
9. Quick lot derivations.
10. API improvements. Please read it on our KB.
11. Many more improvements and bug fixes: check the full change log for more details.
List of Knowledge Base Articles related to v5.4:
- How do I delete data?
- Custom fields type.
- Rack scanner installation and connection with ScanServer.
- Manage memorized items.
- What can I do with the default fields?
- How to manage users?
- LabCollector General setup.
- How do you use versioning?
- What are group policies and how to use them?
- Manage your lab equipment and follow their maintenance.